CREEVY NATIONAL SCHOOL PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION
Information from 17th September 2014 Meeting
- Dinner Dance: The Sandhouse Hotel on Saturday 18th October 2014. Tickets available through the school, Novel Idea and Teresina Barrett’s. There will be prizes available, free glass of champagne/wine on arrival and live music. Your support would be greatly appreciated. Proceeds go to the school.
- Parent Association AGM: Wed October 22nd in the school library. Andrea Gallagher (Chairperson) and Aoife McGowan (Treasurer) will be stepping down. All those interested are strongly encouraged to join. The Parents’ Association can support the school in many different and positive ways. New ideas and support are very welcome.
- The First Holy Communion date has been set for Saturday, May 23rd 2015.
- The Confirmation date is yet to be confirmed by the diocesan secretary and will be announced shortly.
- The parish is interested in establishing a choir for the family masses for children in 3rd-6th class. It will involve rehearsals once per week and attending family masses each month.
- Uniform: The new uniform will be introduced from September 2015. There will be some flexibility around the uniform roll out, with a view to it being fully rolled by September 2016. The details will be published in the next school newsletter.
- The Parents’ Association look forward to meeting you at the Dinner Dance Sat 18th Oct and/or the AGM Wed 22nd Oct.
CREEVY NS PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION AGM
The Parents Association are holding their A.G.M. on Thursday 3rd October at 7:45p.m. We will go through the fundraising events for the year, what we raised and how the money has been spent. We would also welcome any ideas from parents re fundraising events for the future. We would also welcome your ideas on how some of the money may be spent in the future and any other issues which you feel we could improve on. Our aim is to continue to work with the school staff to implement new positive ideas from the parents for the welfare of their children. The support for the Parents Association this year has been fantastic and the students in the school will and have already benefited from your support and ideas.
We will continue to work hard to support the school but we do need the parents to keep supporting us.
Thanks again for your support and we hope to see you on Thursday evening.
The Parents Association Committee.